Monday 15 August 2016

Man Tou (Plain Steamed Buns)

Sometimes when I don't feel like eating rice I will substitute with plain steamed buns.  I will end up having them for breakfast, lunch and dinner because for one I love them. And two, I have to finish all that I make.


Here is my recipe which is super easy to make.
Put 360g "bao" flour with 1.5 cups water, half teaspoon dry yeast and 2-3 tablespoons sugar in a mixing bowl.
Mix together with a dough hook until all the flour comes together.
Scrape dough onto a dusted board and knead into a smooth ball. 
Place in a bowl and cover. 
Leave to proof overnight.
Next morning punch out all the air and knead briefly till smooth.
Cut into 8 portions (or 6 if you want them bigger). 
Knead and roll into smooth balls.
Place a piece of paper at the bottom of each and leave to rest for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size. 
Keep it covered while it is rising.


Steam 15 minutes and there you have it. Breakfast :)


Want some, Coco? What? Only with butter and jam?!


No comments:

Post a Comment