Sunday 14 August 2016

Today's Spoils

That pretty young lady should not have placed that pot of Cuban Oregano in front of me. She should not have told me where she got them from. Because I had to go find this herb nursery and blow a lot of money on more plants and soil. But anyway, I found my favorite banana the lakatan or as we call it here pisang berangan. 


Not to be mistaken with the cavendish though (lacatan with a c instead of a k).  This is Musa acuminata. I love it in its semi almost ripe state when it is firmer and slightly tangy. Delicious. Please grow quick and strong and bear bunches for me.


And my other spoils. A mixture of kale and herbs uncommon in the tropics.  Still I want to try growing them. Lets see....there are 3 types of kale, a lemon plant and a herb called lemon balm.  Can't wait to get them into my new vegetable beds :)


1 comment: