Wednesday 17 August 2016

Pulut Inti (Glutinous Rice With Sweet Coconut Topping)

Decided to make some snacks today.  I have always wanted to make pulut inti.  Steamed glutinous rice enriched with coconut milk and screwpine leaf.  And topped with grated coconut that has been sweetened with palm sugar.  All wrapped in a piece of banana leaf.  To me everything tastes better on a piece of banana leaf.  This is my first attempt.


The moment of truth.  Well, nothing can be perfect the first time. The rice was too soft and the filling too loose and not sweet enough. Not tooooo bad for a first try. When I have tweaked the recipe I will share it here.


I shared some with my neighbor and she gave me fruits from her garden. Fair exchange. Barter trading lolll....it is great to have a neighbor with a huge garden of fruit trees!


This is one of her many dogs. Super adventurous. She burrows holes in her fence and squeezes her way into my garden through any small gap she can find. She climbs over four feet high fences. She dunks herself in muddy ditches and roams far and wide. She makes me go round and round my house with a stick. She is not named Naughty for nothing. Stop trespassing, ok?  Go home.


1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally burn fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete